The Present Moment: Horses, Anxiety & Depression
Equine Assisted Therapy for Clients with Anxiety & Depression
Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy offers a completely unique way to approach what are overwhelming common problems for human beings: anxiety and depression. Even people who are not diagnosed with a specific anxiety or mood disorder suffer from periods of anxious, repetitive thought patterns, or bouts of depression. EAP is an effective and powerful intervention that brings Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Mindfulness Practices to life. This one day intensive workshop will offer participants the opportunity to learn more about how EAP can quickly address the debilitating effects of anxiety and depression.
Equine Assisted Psychotherapy creates a natural and non-threatening opportunity, especially for those new to or uncomfortable with traditional therapeutic settings, to identify negative patterns of behavior, and practice new functional ones.
Upcoming dates, Costs and Registration are available at our Events page. To arrange for this event for your private group, please email Shannon@HorseSenseOtc.com.
**No Riding. No Horse Experience Necessary.**
Who should attend:
- Health Care Administrators
- Life Coaches
- Mental Health Professionals
- Social Workers
- Family Therapists
- Case Managers
- Substance Abuse Providers
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the core concepts of EAP and how they compliment Cognitive Behavioral Therapy & Mindfulness model.
- Explain the parallels between equine and human psychology.
- Be able to identify nonverbal signs of anxiety and depression as they show up in the arena.
- Understand how EAP creates the opportunity for dysfunctional patterns to be acted out, explored, and changed.
- Understand the element of positive feedback and reinforcement as it applies to behavioral changes in the EAP model.